What you’ll learn
Learn sewing machine basics
Thread Your Sewing Machine
Make A Bobbin
Cut out fabric
Pin Fabric to get it ready to sew
Sew in a straight line
Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
Correctly sew the 4 basic seams
This course follows the same format that I have used to teach hundreds of people how to sew in my studio, fabric stores and schools for over 15 years.
We’re starting right from the beginning, so don’t worry if you’ve never sewn before. And if you’ve been sewing for a while, but without much guidance or without a strong technical focus, I’m sure you’ll notice your skills and your finished projects improve significantly.
We’ll start by taking a quick look at the sewing machine and some of the tools used in sewing. You’ll learn various stitches and seam finishes and, of course, we’ll have lots of time to sew! By the end of the course, you will feel confident enough to begin tackling some of those projects you’ve been dreaming about!
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 40 lectures and 1.5 hours of video content
- Learn sewing machine basics
- Thread Your Sewing Machine
- Wind A Bobbin
- Cut out fabric
- Pin Fabric to get it ready to sew
- Sew in a straight line
- Learn a multitude of stitches and seam finishes
- Correctly sew the 4 basic seams
- How to choose fabric and care for it
- How to choose thread
- How to use a pattern book
- How to read a sewing pattern
- How to sew a pillowcase
- How to make a pattern for any size envelope pillow
- How to sew an envelope pillow
- and much more!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn how to sew.
- Getting the most out of this course
- Sewing Basics
- Setting Up A Sewing Machine
- Fabric Basics
- Getting Ready To sew
- Stitches and Seam Finishes
- Sewing Pattern Basics