What you’ll learn
Students will learn how watercolor paints work with the water and so how to use them effectively.
Students will learn and understand the principle of a color wash.
Students will learn how layers of washes of the same color can create shape and shading.
Students will be able to watercolor paint a three dimensional object.
Learn how to create highlights and shadows in watercolor paints.
Through repetition the student will gain confidence with this medium.
Start at the very beginning and understand the basics of color mixing.
A consistent UDEMY BEST SELLER
‘I loved the fact that your lessons were truly created with basics in mind! I have been painting on my own, or with some occasional lessons for a few years. I now feel more confident with the fundamentals which I had not been sure of before. thank you’ Lorraine Sargent
If you’ve always wanted to paint with watercolor paints just do not know where to start. This course is for YOU.
This may be mostly suitable for adults.
Why? Because as adults you collect limiting beliefs about what you can and can’t do. Painting might be one of them.
This is a ‘learn through play’ course and is very basic You will simply learn how to get the paint from the box via the brush and onto the paper.
You will paint an apple three times but in different ways so that you can escape the draw and colour in method you learnt as a child.
If you want to make a start to paint without feeling intimidated by the paints, the process or the expectations. By simply playing with your paints, coloring in simple shapes your understanding will grow as will your confidence.
DO NOT take this course if you need a formal structure and are not prepared to lean through play. I will not talk about the names of colours, colour mixing, composition or drawing. It is just to get you started.
If you have already been painting with watercolors, this course is not for you.
Why choose one of my courses?
Because, as a self taught artist I understand how a lot of people feel about their creative work, sometimes anxious, sometimes overwhelmed and often that it’s not ‘good enough’. I will hold your hand as you overcome these fears as I offer a friendly, relaxed and sensitive teaching style.
I also have years of experience of teaching people of all levels both in person and via the internet.
Do one of my courses and you will feel as if I am in the room with you every step of the way.
Enjoy your painting, love Nicola
This is what one student posted in her blog : – ‘I was so surprised to find that she (Nicola) started very simply, just playing with water and unmixed colors of paint. Slowly a beautiful patchwork of designs appeared on her page. Where boundaries and boundaries in the art have been blurred, she went to a pen and neatened up. Something else to add to the designs and to add some swirls and triangles to the dried paint. With growing excitement I realized that this project was well within my comfort zone. ‘
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn to paint with watercolor paints.
- This is for people who have the gear, but have no idea.
- For those who have had a go but got lost in the process.
- It is perfect for those who feel intimidated by the paints and think they are not going to be good enough.
- This is for everyone who wishes to explore their creativity with watercolor paints.
- It is for anyone who wishes to reduce their stress levels.
- How to find your way around this Udemy course
- Follow one step at a time and enjoy learning to paint, I’ll show you how.
- Let’s Start
- Some ideas to make your painting more interesting.
- Now Create your First Painting – it’s playtime.
- In answer to students questions – For those who had trouble with the apple
- Let’s Paint MORE Fruit – because it’s fairly easy.
- Let’s paint a bowl to put the fruit in
- Paint your own GREETING CARDS
- Start to build your knowledge about watercolour painting